Kirby 3 – ask us anything!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Status of plugin development for K3

I’ve moved the plugin wish list to its own thread.

With the new version, is blueprint logic become a thing ? I mean, be able to use variables. For example : Set a default field value depending on another field value (if exist and if not empty), or using site config, custom dynamic value, etc.

I have a simple use case :
For SEO and Open Graph, i have some fields in site.yml with default values, and i have the same fields on all of my pages with these default values i’ve put for site but they are overridable.

Isn’t that rather a piece of logic that belongs in a template rather then in a blueprint? If page seo field is empty, use site seo field.

Yes, this was just a simple example. But being in fields is easier for editor (= often: client!) rather than in template.
But for the same use case we can go deeper : Create tags for these variables, and use these tags as well in the site fields, and then re use them or not, and in a different order on the page fields.

Remind that is was just a simple use case that i’ve think about, i’m pretty sure there are many other idea to do with this possibility :slight_smile:

Don’t think logic for default values is possible, but it should be quite easy to extend existing field to support such logic.

Does Kirby 3 include a one-click update system?

No, but a single-folder update system.

I still don’t think that updates should take place on a production system, but tested before it goes online.

That’s better than two folders.