Kirby Git Plugin for Kirby 3 (gcapc)

Hey Folks, we’ve just released the first beta version of our git-commit-and-push-content plugin for Kirby 3.

Since plugins for Kirby 3 work differently the new version will not be compatible with Kirby 2. But you can still use version 2 of the plugin.

To install via composer add "blankogmbh/kirby-git-commit-and-push-content": "^3.0.0-beta.1" to your require section. You also need to add "minimum-stability": "dev" to your composer.json to allow unstable versions.

Pullrequests, GitHub issues, and feedback are very welcome! :slight_smile:

My Hero! I will be giving this a go over the next couple of days

I haven’t watched it in detail yet, but what exactly is the difference with @wottpal’s https://github.com/wottpal/kirby-git plugin?

This one (correct me if I am wrong) pushes to a real git repo, the other one I think its kirby internal version control (at least that what it looks like)

AFAIK, Kirby git also uses git for versioning. But it also has some nice additions to visualize this into the panel!

Hey there :wave:
Yes @bvdputte is correct mine is pushing to a „real“ git repo as well and has the panel-visualization as an additional feature :slight_smile:
Haven’t tested it with the stable version yet though. But with the RCs it worked fine.

If you want to collaborate feel free to send PRs and I can also give you/your team special repo access-rights!

Hi! We’ve not noticed @wottpal forked our plugin, so we started porting ours to Kirby 3. But your changes look very good, so I think it’s a good idea to start collaborating on this, so we can build “The best Kirby git experience ever”™. :wink:

I have a lot of stuff on my list for today but I’ll come back to you when I have a bit more time.

Awesome. Great news to hear that there will be one unified amazing Git Plugin!

Will be great if you guys can work together on this, I think its a great idea. Question I have now though is, which should I use today? @mactux or @wottpal ?

If you want to have the history view in the Panel you might want to go with @wottpal’s. If you want/need to install the plugin via composer you probably should use ours. :wink:

Thanks to both of you for creating these!

I would love to be able to skip the automated part on some projects, and have a “Commit changes” button I can put somewhere, where I enter a more explicit commit name, like “Added 3 projects” or “Updated my info with publications”, and it pushes all the changes since the last commit.

Would allow for more explicit commit messages and less commits overall, so a more readable repo. I’d gladly open a ticket on github somewhere, or try and PR something for this, but I’ll wait for an unified repo then :smiley:

split this topic #12

11 posts were split to a new topic: Problem setting up git plugin

@mactux I am finally installing this one my site, I have installed, looking ‘ok’ so far.

This is my config, reason for the Kirby()->root() is because I have a repo at that the root level and rather not have 2 separate repos, one for the site and one for the content.

'blankogmbh' => [
        'gcapc' => [
            'commit' => true,
            'push' => true,
            'path' => kirby()->root()            
        ],
    ],

But with that config, my site gives me **Fatal error** : Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in **C:\xampprb\htdocs\kirby\config\roots.php** on line **6**

Any thoughts on this?

@mactux You have any ideas about this? Or should I split my repo?

@DanielRivers Maybe add an issue in their repo, don’t count on people following forum threads here closely.