Kirby 3.8.0-rc.1 is here for you to test

Hey everyone!

This is the moment a lot of you have been waiting for. Today we are releasing the first release candidate for Kirby 3.8.0, and it finally comes with Unique IDs for pages and files.

This alone could be the end of the release announcement, but we have a lot of really awesome stuff in this release for you: Release 3.8.0-rc.1 ยท getkirby/kirby ยท GitHub

We always say that, but we really need your help with this release candidate phase. Give the UUIDs a proper look, check out the new object field, play with the other new features and enhancements and let us know how it works for you. We still have a bit of time left until the final release will be out there and we want to make it as smooth as possible.

Word of warning: Always make sure to test stuff on local installations or on staging servers).

We hope you like 3.8.0-rc.1

9 Likes

Iโ€™m not often online here and pause my development regularly. Beside of that, finally Kirby v3.8 looks like a lovely release and game changer for me. Looks like it could be the release that I will use to finally launch my site. Just waiting for rc.3 for getting a good RC to test the new features, e. g. UUIDs. Thanks for your great work at supporting and developing this CMS.