Install kirby themes

Hi Peoples,

how to the install a new Kirby Theme?

I chose the KIRBY DOCS theme but it has problems on the front end.
Attached is an image of how it is being viewed

There is no easy answer to this because it depends. There is no way to install a “theme” via some backend voodoo, you will have to replace folders manually, usually the /assets and the /site folders. But note that the site folder also contains your accounts, so if you want to keep them, make sure not to overwrite that folder. Also, if you have already created blueprints, templates or snippets, make sure to back them up before replacing.

More often than not, a new Kirby theme consists of a complete Kirby installation, including content. If you have already created content, you will have to check how that works together with your current content files.

See also this post:

Edit:

But what is the problem with the theme that can’t be solved with some CSS? The problem is that the overall width of the wrapper is far too small for a layout with a sidebar menu, so if you change the wrapper width to more than 50vw, change the search input to width: 100% instead of min-width: 100%, and give the menu bar some more space, all should work out well.

Thank you for your help. Now I need to know in which folder and file should I make the suggested change above

That would be /assets/css/style.css. Use developer tools in your browser to find the relevant selectors and where they are in the file, e.g. the search input like in the screenshot: