What should we do with deleted plugins?

I got a mail from @1n3JgKl9pQ6cUMrW @Jasper with 25 plugins. Most of them work fine, but they are removed from the web. I would like to put them back somehow. I don’t have time to take over all of them, maybe none of them.

Is there a good place to place deprecated things? Should we set up a new Github repo for deleted plugins? Any ideas are welcome.

folder/supported
kirby-gallerygrid
kirby-icon
kirby-jumplist
kirby-krb
kirby-lister
kirby-plugins-widget
kirby-table
kirby-tabs
kirby-twitter
kirby-yakme
kirby-at-a-glance
kirby-backup
kirby-captcha
kirby-download-monitor

folder/deprecated
kirby-lorem-pixel
kirby-lorem-text
kirby-notifier
kirby-optimizer
kirby-rendertime
kirby-section-field
kirby-smiley
kirby-structure-design
kirby-webmaster-tools
kirby-code-field
kirby-icon-font

1 Like

I think a separate repo would be a good idea, then anyone who want to take over one of the plugins can fork it and maintain it.

Do you think it would be simple enough to place all the plugins in the same repo and let others fork just a plugin folder, or would it be better with a new account with a repo for each plugin?

1 Like

The latter would be easier to handle I think. We could also remove some plugins right from the beginning, e.g. if a more advanced plugin exists, or at least link to alternatives.

2 Likes

Now we have a place for that. I’ve added about half of all the plugins I’ve got as a start. I have some own deprecated plugins that I plan to put there soon.

or at least link to alternatives

I agree that a link in the top of the readme to existing alternatives would be good.

4 Likes