Sudden error message without having changed anything

Hello,

this morning, everything was fine and when I checked my site a couple of minutes ago I got the following error message:

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException thrown with message “PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘i360.so’ (tried: /opt/alt/php74/usr/lib64/php/modules/i360.so (libhs_runtime.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/alt/php74/usr/lib64/php/modules/i360.so.so (/opt/alt/php74/usr/lib64/php/modules/i360.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory))”

Stacktrace:
#2 Whoops\Exception\ErrorException in Unknown:0
#1 Whoops\Run:handleError in /home/tinimitr/public_html/kirby/vendor/filp/whoops/src/Whoops/Run.php:486
#0 Whoops\Run:handleShutdown in [internal]:0

Do you know what that could be?

Thank you in advance for any help.

For now I have disabled the error message handling

public function handleShutdown()
    {
        // If we reached this step, we are in shutdown handler.
        // An exception thrown in a shutdown handler will not be propagated
        // to the exception handler. Pass that information along.
        $this->canThrowExceptions = false;

$error = $this->system->getLastError();
        if ($error && Misc::isLevelFatal($error['type'])) {
            // If there was a fatal error,
            // it was not handled in handleError yet.
            $this->allowQuit = false;
            // $this->handleError(
            //     $error['type'],
            //     $error['message'],
            //     $error['file'],
            //     $error['line']
            // );
        }
    }

I believe it might not have anything to do with Kirby now, since it runs fine on localhost. Maybe it could be an issue with my service provider. I will let you know if I find out anything more, in case the same thing happens to anyone else.

This is not an issue with Kirby, this is a PHP startup error, in this case, PHP is trying to load a module which doesn’t exist. Maybe your provider has made some changes in the server configuration (new PHP version maybe?). If there is a php.ini lying around, check if this module is loaded there and if so, comment it.

Thank you, texnixe. I have contacted the provider and will have to wait until tomorrow to see their reply. Fortunately i could disable the error message for now, so the business seems fine on the outside :smiley:
I will let you know, once I have an answer from them.
Thank you again for your quick reply.

They said that they are in the process of updating to PHP 7.4, which I already had, but that the can’t be sure a “general update” has caused the error. However, now the error just seemed to have disappeared on its own and is not visible anymore even after I reverted the code to its original settings. I guess the issue can be closed. Still, thank you for your help.

Seriously? Now that PHP 7.4 reaches its end of life they are updating to it? Where is the shake head emoji?