PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/local/php-7.0.6/lib/php/20151012/zip.so’ - /usr/local/php-7.0.6/lib/php/20151012/zip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

http://experiments.waltercolindres.com/panel/login

Runs great on local machine. Errors out when I push to server for testing. My guess is that the server is misconfigured. Any thoughts?

Local MAMP: 5.6.10
I think we are running 7 on the server.

There seems to be this zip.so file missing on your server. Since this is a PHP startup error, it has nothing to do with Kirby.

You could check your php.ini file and either comment out the line that tries to load the module, or add the correct path to the module.

Could this be a plugin issue?

I am using uniform form plugin.

We went down to PHP 5.6 and this error came back:
PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/local/php-5.6.21/lib/php/20131226/zip.so’ - /usr/local/php-5.6.21/lib/php/20131226/zip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is a php error, so no, it shouldn’t go away. Does the error go away if you remove the plugin?

Edit: Interestingly, the error only appears when trying to load the panel, not when loading the frontend :thinking:

Exactly. Quite baffling. I did remove the plugins and it still failed. My guess is the installs my server does may not be adding some basic folders for PHP.

Quick update: Installed a clean kirby instance and it still fails. Has to be a server config. Will dig in!

Have you checked if the zip.so file exists where it is expected and commented out the line in the php.ini that tries to load it?

The folder is missing. However for fun I pushed the site to a clean Heroku repo and experienced a lot of issues.

I am running a test on a Heroku stack:
remote: -----> Bootstrapping…
remote: -----> Installing platform packages…
remote: - php (5.6.28)
remote: - ext-mbstring (bundled with php)
remote: - apache (2.4.20)
remote: - nginx (1.8.1)
remote: -----> Installing dependencies…
remote: Composer version 1.2.4 2016-12-06 22:00:51

Issue is very similar to this: Panel keeps logging me out

And the console shows the unexpected error for <

Additionally, If I do not explicitly tell it composer to install ext-mbstring I can not reach the panel.

To login in I must click the login button twice.

I am running Kirby 2.4.1.

Site can be found here:

https://gentle-peak-44833.herokuapp.com

Gist:

I did go back to my testing server and drop in a version running off of Kirby 2.3.1 and it works perfectly.

Interestingly there is another issue that is just the other way around. To be honest I have no idea why either of those issues happen, Kirby doesn’t try to load any PHP modules on its own as far as I know.

Yes, that’s what I also wondered if these two issues might be related in any way. Unfortunately my research did not uncover any hint to what might be causing these startup errors.