Oh Dear integration for Kirby 4.0+

Oh Dear is a all-in-one monitoring tool that does uptime tracking, status pages, performance monitoring, content checking (broken links, mixed content) and more.

And it also offers an Application health feature that you can integrate in your application. I thought, why isn’t there a plugin for Kirby yet? So I made one.

The plugin integrates Oh Dear features that are relevant to editors (e.g. Mixed Content/Broken Links) neatly into a Kirby Panel view.

And also integrates health checks such as Disk Usage, Kirby Version, Plugin Updates, etc. into Oh Dear - so you can receive notifications when the site is ready to be updated or view all your Kirby sites at once.

Complete (planned) feature list:

• Kirby CLI commands for running checks after deployment, starting & stopping maintenance mode
  • Application health checks for (integrated into Oh Dear)
    • Plugin updates
    • Disk Usage
    • Environment (Debug, License, Exposed Folders, HTTPS)
    • Kirby Version
    • PHP Version
    • + your own checks
  • Panel views for
    • Uptime
    • Performance
    • Broken Links
    • Mixed Content (HTTP on a HTTPS page)
    • SSL Certificate Health

Let me know if you have any other ideas :slight_smile:

The plugin is currently in (closed) alpha with some features still missing but I plan to release it the following month. Send me a message if you’re interested in testing.

The plugin will be paid for with an one-time payment per site, or available with a subscription for unlimited licenses for use on your own infrastructure for freelancers that offer their clients hosting solutions. (there will still be free plugins in the future :slight_smile:)

5 Likes

Hi I am interested in this plugin. For me the status page would not be so important. I would install the plugin because of the application health feature.
It would be nice if there is a possibility to disable/enable the checks and to define what status should be send (ok/warning/failed)

Here are some thoughts on additional default health checks:

• Are there any Content-Security-Policy header?
  • Is Strict-Transport-Security header set correctly (Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000 ; includeSubDomains)?
  • Is X-Content-Type-Options header set to “nosniff”?
  • Is X-Frame-Options header set to “DENY” or “SAMEORIGIN”?
  • Is composer platform requirement matching with installed PHP Version?
  • Is session suration set and is and is it finite?
  • Are cookies limited to ssl?
  • Excecute composer audits.
  • Directory listings should not be active.
1 Like

I’ve reviewed the new features in Oh Dear. Since you’ve been able to add expected Response Headers to the uptime feature since this summer, the header checks in the health check feature are no longer necessary.

Another feature idea would be two custom Kirby CLI commands for opening and closing a maintenance window. So you could avoid notifications on deployments. The Oh Dear API - Oh Dear

This is already planned!

I’d like to avoid checks to be detected from outside (e.g. correct headers) as this would involve “simulating” a client in the Kirby backend itself to provide such checks. (and some of that is already done by Oh Dear as well)

Of course, you’re free to create your own checks with the simple class syntax.