License, multiple domains, one CMS instance

Okay I talked to my host, Siteground, and they said, “The owner of the file is your user, and the group is Siteground, and all the assets within the account.”

I’m not totally sure what that means.

They also offered a resource, but it doesn’t really help me figure out how to make lasting, writable changes in Kirby’s Panel, without it just immediately reverting.

-pb

The tutorial give some hints, but you need to make a ssh connection to deal with that, thats why the tutorial belongs to the section “SSH Tutorials”. Are you already firm with making a ssh connection to your account and use this to enter some basic commands as outlined in the other tutorials in this section? Then we could proceed here. If not, you could follow their tutorials from the beginning to set this up.

In the meantime we could still figure out why this problems occurs at all. How did you transfer the Kirby files and folders into your account? Is your Kirby site already up and running for visiting the frontend? Then, check if a media directory gets created in your Kirby site’s root directory, when visiting the site with a browser, with some files and folders below media - and which are the permissions of this subfolder? Hopefully, you did not transfer the media folder along with the other Kirby related stuff to your hoster, did you? Another check: If you create any test folder in your account’s base directory by the means they provide, what are the permissions of this test folder?

1 Like

Coming back to this… I found a fix! A facebook group member reminded me that I need to turn off the dynamic cache that Siteground uses, so I added a snippet to the htaccess and it started working again. Thanks to all who commented!