Is Kirby CMS recommended for a web app which will include user registration?

I am planning to a make a website which will include user registration which I think needs a database to save all these registrations. Kirby doesn’t use any database, so is it recommended for this types of websites?

I have very limited knowledge with regards to databases or registrations so please give some advice. Thanks.

You can use a database with Kirby without any problems, the database class makes this pretty easy.

The question is if you need a database; what number of registrations are we talking about?

The project is an online delivery app for a restaurant but doesn’t use online payments. Instead, the “order” will be sent to a GPRS printer located at the store.

Right now, the restaurant is receiving about 500 calls(delivery) a day so if the app will be successful then I think a database is really required.

Yes, a database makes sense for that.

You can use Kirby for this with the database classes mentioned above, but I think it only really makes sense if the registration tool is integrated into a Kirby website. If you want to use Kirby just for the registration tool, there are probably better solutions (maybe even ready to use order management tools).

Haven’t started coding the website yet as I am still searching and reading on how to implement this.
I’m new to web development and Kirby but have made a website using Kirby and I really like it so I made this topic to ask first if it’s recommended for this project.

Are there any recommendations for this type of project? Database(MySQL)? Plugins? etc.
I’m currently reading about Shopkit for Kirby.

Thank you.

If writing a totally custom order management thing in PHP, using a database with maybe a ORM library (Doctrine, RedBean) or the Kirby Toolkit helper classes, is something you can manage, sure you can try to write your own.

Otherwise, maybe look into finding a ready-to-use solution (Kirby plugin, other PHP-based tools, third-party web services…) that could fit your client’s needs, then integrate it in the website. It could be integrated as an <iframe> (especially for a third-party web service), or as a PHP function call or include if it’s a PHP lib.