Can't delete pages on Kirby 3.0

Looks like the same error popped up before but switching to Mamp solved the issue.

Since you are already on Mamp…hm

Works fine for me in both chrome and safari. Can you try using a guest window in chrome? Maybe there’s some browser extension that’s messing with kirby? :thinking:

What’s weird is that in that thread he said

Switching to MAMP solved the issue.

But @DennisA is already running MAMP

Yes, I’ve got the same thoughts

But browser extension is a good idea… try using another browser without any extensions or disable them all for testing.

AH found it!

You’re currently logged in in the panel via the codekit url is that correct?

Okay I found the solution. It seems the new version is not running with code kit.

Looks like kirby doesn’t like the Codekit url because in the console I get a 400 error when the panel is trying to load this url mac.local:5757/api/pages/test

I am running a similiar setup like you:
MAMP
Chrome
Codekit

Can you specify why you think it was Codekit?

Because switching to MAMP solved your issue for me (although but I cannot browser sync / refresh).

Are you running into the issue only when deleting pages or images/files, too?

like @manuelmoreale said. Kirby seems not happy with Codekit url.

I am also running into the issue when deleting pages and images/files.

I run the identical setup but when I log in in the panel I usually use the proper url (so local.somesite.com) instead of the one served by Codekit over Bonjour.

@DennisA I honestly think you should use the “proper” url when you’re working with the panel.

Codekit will live reload anyway since it will pick up the changes made to the txt files

I am also running into the issue when deleting pages and images/files.

I think you’ll run into issues pretty much everywhere because is the kirby api that is not playing nicely with codekit urls

1 Like

Yes I will do this now. Thanks again for the help :slight_smile:

@manuelmoreale
I am curious: can you please share your setup or explain how you set up the proper url in Kirby & Codekit?

I am using the Bonjour setup and everything works fine. I noticed that my browser sync works again after I added SCSS files and compile them. Strange…

There’s nothing specific going on with my setup.

I use MAMP Pro + Codekit.
Each site has its dedicated local url…

This way when I need to log in i use, in this case, local.debug.com/panel

The project is on codekit and I can use the traditional codekit url served over Bonjour to test the site on Mac/iPhone/iPad

2 Likes

Follow up for @Mattrushka and @DennisA
Looks like this can be fixed using the url option inside the config.php file

So adding 'url' => 'http://yoururl.com should fix the issues with codekit urls.

2 Likes