Adding text not working in Blocks

I’m trying to use Blocks in a page for journal entries. Something strange happens when I try to add a text block in the panel, when I type characters they appear for a split second and are then deleted again. I can also not save any of the content from the block to appear in the entry. I’ve made a screen recording and GIF to show you what I mean:

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Kirby is hosted on a remote server using apache and php7.4. I’ve set all the folders/files permissions to 755/644 and set parent directory to be owned by the apache user.

Adding text in the panel through a normal text field seems to work but in Blocks it does not.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you get any errors in your browser console?

No, nothing in the console.

I think it must be to do with the remote server because the blocks work just fine on a local host.

Any news on this @bnjmnearl? I have the same error, but only on the server. Locally everything works fine. Very strange …

The browser console is fine – no errors here. But the network tab might be the right one to look at.

When I add a working list block, I can see two XHR request:

/api/pages/my+page
/api/pages/my+page/lock

But when I add a text block, there’s only one XHR request:

/api/pages/my+page

The lock request is missing …

Might be worth creating an issue on GitHub, so that the devs can look into it. Do you get the second XHR request locally? What is different on the remote server? Caching?

Thanks for your reply @texnixe.

Locally everything is fine, so it must be some kind of server issue. I just don’t understand, why all the other block elements of the same field work and only the text block doesn’t create this lock request.

The solution was a missing php-xml module on the server.