Blocks uneditable after environment transfer

Hi all - I’ve got a dev kirby site I’ve built locally (using php 8.0.8 via MAMP ) but when I’ve deployed online to my cloudways server (PHP 8.0.3) various custom blocks do not show on the frontend. In the panel they show in the blocks section on the relevant page, but there is no option to edit them (when you click the block row no pencil icon appears). The reference to the block is in the page’s content file. I’m totally stumped on this one, and never have had this issue before despite using the workflow countless times. I’ve just tried to deploy again and get the exact same issue. Any ideas?

Have you made sure all files have uploaded correctly?

Have you made sure to not upload the /media folder (remove if you have, to allow Kirby to recreate everything).

Make sure to also delete the /site/cache folder if you uploaded it.

Hi thanks for the reply @texnixe - yes I have, cache removed and no media folder uploaded. Worth noting that I can add new blocks but can’t edit any of them; same thing, can’t see a pencil icon.

Update: It seems that the blocks that don’t work are always shown as a one-word file name rather than getting the right name from the blueprint. So for example in the screenshot included ‘Logo grid’ is the name of the block as defined in the blueprint, and it and the ‘Contact’ blocks are the only one editable here, whereas the others aren’t. But that same ‘Logo Grid’ block on another page isn’t editable and is shown as ‘logogrid’ like the others are here.

AND ONE MORE UPDATE - Solved (sort of)…

It seems that the block file names were not being read if they were in camel case, even though it was working like this for me in MAMP. Has anyone else come across this?

Never use camelCase for file names, be it blocks, templates etc. MacOS is usually configured as not case sensitive, while Unix systems often are.

Thanks - I never knew this and weirdly never had this issue before! Lesson learned!