Kirby 2 Website Not Allowing Edits on Specific Computers

Hi all,
I wanted to get feedback from the Kirby Community on an issue that a client is having with their Kirby website. I initially built this website between the years of 2017-2018 for this client.

Earlier this year, they received a message from their service provider, Dreamhost, that they were upgrading their servers to PHP 7.4 though they would allow anyone’s website that wasn’t compatible to stay on 7.2 for a monthly charge. They went through with upgrading their PHP to 7.4.

Since this upgrade, my client has been having an issue where all kinds of content editing on the site have failed. However, when I make edits on my own computer, the edits go through. My client has since tried using my credentials, browser and still no luck.

It doesn’t help that the message is extremely non-descript only saying that `An unexpected error has occurred

Even more so, after getting the error continuously and refreshing the site, this led it to crash with Dreamhost stating:

Thank you for contacting support. I am seeing your IP was blocked on the server for too many failed login SSH attempts. In this case we have unblocked and whitelisted your IP and site will now load and SSH will now connect as well.

I, at this point, am not sure what the issue is since I can make edits myself and want to know what this forum thinks.

Has anyone had this issue and can enlighten on what’s going on and if there’s a fix? or is this going to require upgrading to Kirby 3?

Thanks!

Do you have access to the server error logs?

Let me get in contact with my client and see if they can access the server error logs.