A theme a day - DAY 3 => FREEBIE!

Hello community !
I’m on a journey to become really comfortable building Kirby themes… And this week, I’ll be building one theme everyday.
We’re starting easy with a Landing Page that includes some nifty features:

• Full content management in the panel
  • Mailchimp form included and administred from panel
  • Google maps included (geolocation field used here)
  • Jquery Countdown managed again from the panel!

Get it on Creative Market

The countdown displayed above is using a simple date field in the panel for management!

Key takeaway for today:

3 Likes

hi @Thiousi!

nice one - pager theme!
purchased and studying your code… :wink:

i had to set c::set(‘cache’, true); to «false»
in the config - file to make it work on my localhost.

saludos, funkybrotha

Hi @funkybrotha,
First of all thanks a lot for purchasing the theme! I always work locally with cache off and debug on but I’ve tested it just now and don’t get any issues with c::set('cache', true);
Can you tell me the error you got? Maybe in a private message so we don’t clutter the forum :wink:

Cool Idea :slight_smile:, i like your work :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @thesmithy !
I’m struggling with the template for today… But I think it’ll be worth it! A lot to learn from it I believe :slight_smile:

What a day !
This one was tough but I’m really proud of how it came out…

##Introducing KARDS

It’s a styleshout.com template that I fully adapted to Kirby.
Everything is customizable and easy to change. The blueprint is massive but so well organized you’ll get your site ready in a few minutes!

Here’s two snaps of the backend:

See more on Creative Market!

Key takeaway for today:
-> Organizing the blueprints, snippets, and code for a huge one-page website!

1 Like

Nice one!
Question: how have you made this “Section”-Buttons (?) on top of the Panel-Form? (the rigt top row of page sections)

S.

Hi @svnt
I’m using the tabs plugin. You can find it on the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Svnt: Pls. note that there are two tab fields:

1. https://github.com/1n3JgKl9pQ6cUMrW/kirby-tabs
  2. https://github.com/afbora/Kirby-Tabs-Field

By the look of it, @thiousi uses the first one.

1 Like

Yes thanks for pointing that out. I’m using kirby-tabs by @1n3JgKl9pQ6cUMrW

Day 3 already !
It rhymes with Freebie :slight_smile:

Today, I built something I’d like to consider as a plug and play functionnality that could be useful to a lot of people!

Introducing Kirby FAQ

This is a barebone FAQ solution for KIRBY. It’s purpose is mainly to demonstrate how to effectively build a FAQ for your website. You can also use it as-is in a client website for a simple to administrate FAQ.

How much does it cost?

You decide! I haven’t set a price for it but I’ve left open the possibility to set the price. You can buy me a coffee for the long coding hours I’m putting into Kirby themes :slight_smile:

Why are you doing this?

I simply fell in love with Kirby and try to give back to the community by offering some themes as a base for others to create awesome stuff!

Screenshots

Frontend: A simple bootstrap frontend to demonstrate this solution. Check out the code to customize your own!

Backend: Each FAQ section is a subpage of the FAQ. Create a subpage to add a new section… Structure Field lets you add as many questions as you want.

I’d love some feedback! Also, if you have some ideas for tomorrow… I’m open :wink:

2 Likes