403 error when uploading Kirby via cPanel

Right.
When I install Kirby via Softalicious (in cPanel), everything works fine.
When I upload the Zeta theme file, extract it on the server (after removing the former install and completely emptying the root folder), move all files from the Zeta folder to the root folder, I get a 403 error.

I am clueless, what could be going wrong?

Have you made sure to also move the .htaccess file?

1 Like

Yes Ma’am. :slight_smile:

403 is a permissions failure and sadly my internet connection where I am now for some reason won’t let me ftp to my server, so I can’t try to ftp the already extracted files.

Also tried uncommenting:

# In some enviroments it's necessary to
# set the RewriteBase to:
#
RewriteBase /

The folder rights look ok, files permissions should be 644. also, what about file/folder ownership?

1 Like

I managed to FTP the files using Cyberduck. :blush:

My site (including /panel/) now comes up as a blank page when I set the PHP version on 7.3, 7.2 or 7.1 - I get “This page is currently offline. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and will fix it as soon as possible.” when setting PHP to version 7.0.

Any thoughts?

Ha! I deleted the plugin that is used in the theme and re-uploaded it and it seems to be working now. :slight_smile:

What plugin was it?

Uniform

Hm, the uniform plugin shouldn’t cause such an error, unless the theme came with an old version.

Anyway, check your Kirby version to make sure you are running the latest version (current is 3.2.4, you can see the version when you access the settings page in the Panel).

The theme probably comes with an old version as the theme is from January and the plug in gets updates more often than that. :slight_smile: