Subpage manual sort in panel does not work

Suddenly, when trying to sort the subpages with manual drag and drop in the subpage sorting panel, the subpages stick back to their original position after being moved. Same thing happened when added a new page.
It used to work perfectly. I did not change anything to the setting…
I have no sorting option of any kind set in my subpages. But the “index” position of the folder subpage are not updated anymore. Changes in the subpage fields, like “title” for instance, are saved, although.
It happened both on my local setup and on the public server. I’ve checked the files and folders authorizations, there are all correct. No php error are logged.

Any idea ?

I’m afraid I don’t know anything of a “position” entry in the text files. The sorting number is prepended to the folder, not entered in the text file?

You’re right, this “Position” entry is a personnal custom one that I use for some display logic and has nothing to do with the subpage order. I was confused with the “Sort” entry in the metadata image’s file.
Anyway the problem remain the same… The folder index name are not updated because the drag and drop panel interaction no longer work.
I have edited my first message accordingly.
Thanks for your help.

And you haven’t made any changes to the installation, no update, nothing? It just happened out of the blue?

Does this happen with all subpages in all folders or only specific ones?

Which Kirby version are you using?

And you haven’t made any changes to the installation, no update, nothing? It just happened out of the blue?

I don’t tink I’ve changed anything regarding the sorting logic of the subpage. I dont have any sorting field in my subpages or pages.

Does this happen with all subpages in all folders or only specific ones?

I’ve just created a new page (folder) and added some subpage within it and same problem happened : can’t even move the newly created subpages from the “invisible page” table to the “visible pages” one.
I can reorder the “Page” or move them to the “Invisible pages” table, though.

Which Kirby version are you using?

Version du Toolkit: 2.4.1
Version de Kirby: 2.4.1
Version du Panel: 2.4.1

Hm, that’s hard to tell. Do you get any javascript errors in your developer tools console?

No JS error in the web console.
Looks like a authorization error on the folder’s subpages to me. But all my local folder and my remote server folder rights are OK: 775 on all the "Content’ folders.
What should I log to give you more clue?

Here’s my subpages’ blueprint if it can help:

If you remove this option:

options:

the pages will be sortable. The status setting prevents that, as it should.

But I wonder why it should have worked before if you did not make any changes.

It works.
But according to the docs, the "status“ option “Allow/disallow to change the status of a page to visible/invisible”. For me it had nothing to do with the ordering/reordering capabilities. So I did not connect the dots between the two when I’ve decided not to allow the user to make the pages invisible or visible. I was thinking that something went wrong globally regarding the sorting capacity. I think you should be more specific about the “status” option, like “Allow/disallow to change the status of a page to visible/invisible and allow/disallow page manual panel sorting”. But maybe it is clear for the most of us.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.