Slow site after move to new server

The only plugin I had installed was “Columns”. I removed it but the problem persists.

The strange thing is that it is so random. I can click through pages in the panel and everything loads lightning fast. Then I’ll hit a page that needs 45 seconds to load (the white progress bar at the top just crawls along). Often it is a subpage which is very sluggish (but not always). For example the “Site Options” and “User” pages in the panel also often take a long time to load.

At the frontend it is the same. I can click through 10 page links without a problem and then suddenly a page will spin for a minute before it opens. The pages (whether in the panel of the frontend) always open if I wait long enough.

I’m not sure what to try next since I have already tried a fresh install.

Kurt

Do you mean a fresh installation of the starterkit? If that doesn’t perform well in different browsers on different computers, then your new hosting plan or server is probably the issue.

Yes, I am testing a completely fresh install of the Starterkit (in a subfolder of the same account) and I am seeing similar erratic behavior. Of course my host is saying it is Kirby and not the server. They had me run an MTR on the domain and I am waiting to hear back.

Kurt

Hey Kurt,

if this is possible, maybe give me FTP access and I can have a closer look for you. I know a couple Kirby sites, which work very nicely on All-Inkl. so I’m sure we can fix this. bastian@getkirby.com

It’s hard to believe but it looks like part of the problem yesterday was my internet connection itself. I switched to another line and the problems magically went away. The timing was terrible since the site had just been switched to a new server and I was expecting problems. I never thought to try another connection.

Thanks for all of your help. I learned a lot. Consider this case solved.

Best,
Kurt

1 Like