Show subpages in page tree in Panel

Hi :wave:

I have the same question already asked here, but for Kirby 3:

In a Kirby installation I have some pages in the root level, that are more or less just containing important subpages.
Is there any possibility to show one more level of subpages in the Panel Dashboard for the sake of faster navigation?

So instead of:

• Service
  • About

Show:

• Service
    • Subpage 1
    • Subpage 2
  • About
    • Subpage 1
    • Subpage 2

Does anybody already have a custom panel widget for that use case? Or how to solve this problem best in Kirby 3?

You can’t show them as a tree, but you can show a pages section for service and a pages section for About, just like in the Starterkit.

Ok, but that means I have to hard-code the first menu level, doesn’t it? Nevertheless I will give it a try and check if that is usable for my case.
Thanks anyway for the quick answer!

Yes, but on the other hand these sections also define what templates are allowed and what status subpages can have (draft, listed, unlisted). That would be a bit difficult to achieve dynamically, or you would be limited to a tree that only displays pages but doesn’t allow you to create new ones.

You could create a custom section that works the way you want (but as I said that would probably only make sense for a list without option to add new pages).

Ok, thank you!

@devmount There is now a plugin that shows a page tree: https://getkirby.com/plugins/findthebug/retrotree

1 Like