*whispers* There's an alpha dev preview of Shopkit v2.0 available now.
If you enjoy the thrill of testing an unstable release and reporting bugs, this is for you!
This is also your last chance to ask for new features that might – might – just make it into the final release.
Please file issues on GitHub, message me on this forum, or email email@example.com if you find any bugs. I am also very interested to hear about how the upgrade process goes for existing Shopkit sites, and especially how it breaks your custom themes
So far, the changelog looks like this:
- Consolidate Shop options into Site options page
- New Site options
- Set default country
- Show quantity in stock on Product pages
- Number formatting (decimal and thousands separator)
- Remove slider option from Product blueprints
- Replace structure fields with snippetfield plugin (better entry summaries)
- Replace Visual Markdown with WYSIWYG editor
- Basic visitor stats (forked from [Fabian Sperrle](https://github.com/FabianSperrle/kirby-stats))
- Aggregate order stats (abandoned, pending, paid & shipped)
- New cart handling
- Store cart details in transaction file instead of session variable
- Rename `order.create` snippet to `order.process`
- New transaction status: "abandoned"
- New theme
- Remove the UIKit framework
- Use normal URLs instead of data-URIs for product photos
- AJAX quantity selector on Cart page
- AJAX product slideshow
- Tag cloud in sidebar
- Shop by Brand in the sidebar
- Use radio buttons instead of select box for shipping options on Cart page
- Remove base colour in colour options (only link and accent colour can be edited from Site options)
- Product-specific page descriptions for better SEO
- New frontend admin buttons
- Easier to change default language in `config.php`
- Bug fixes
- Fix false error message on registration
- Fix multiple orders bug (#131)
- Performance enhancements
- Limit use of `index()`
- Limit re-declaration of `site()` and `page()`
- Faster font loading
- Consolidate most logic into `shopkit.php`
I'm all ears!