Shopkit commerce plugin

Over the last few months, I’ve been working on a full-featured commerce solution for Kirby. Due to the separation of plugin files from templates, blueprints, and CSS, I decided to package it as a “kit” – much like the plainkit, starterkit, and langkit that are available on Kirby’s Github page.

I plan to sell Shopkit licenses for $19 USD, under the same commercial open-source license terms as Kirby itself: test it out as much as you like before buying a license to use Shopkit on a production server.

I’m now closing in on some final touches before releasing code out to the public in a week or so. During this last stretch, I would love some contributors to help identify rogue bugs, test out Shopkit on different server setups, and point out missing/undocumented features. If you’re interested in helping, send me a private message and I’ll invite you to the private repo. Anyone who contributes will get a free license key.

After the closed beta, I’ll release Shopkit 0.9 to the public and start selling licences.

Here are some in-progress screenshots to whet your appetite. Onwards!

Checkout screen

Product details in the panel

Defining shipping methods

Some of the global shop options

22 Likes

This looks extremely promising!!

1 Like

Excellent!
I look forward to play with! :wink:

Digital file download will be added?

1 Like

Digital downloads are on the roadmap, but likely won’t be in the first release.

1 Like

Way cool! Glad somebody did this.

I would love to test this out. When will you release it?

Fixing the last two bugs tonight, hopefully before I fall asleep :smiley: :coffee:

Public beta available

Code for the first public beta is complete! Thanks to everyone who provided input during the private beta, especially @distantnative for identifying lots of bugs.

I just need to finish up some docs and set up license key purchasing, then I’ll tag this code as a 0.9 release. This should happen in the next few days.

For now, please clone the repo and test away! Again, anyone who contributes code or identifies issues prior to the 0.9 release will get a free license key.

Docs-in-progress:
Getting started
Shop setup
Add categories
Add products

8 Likes

Shopkit v0.9

I’m proud to announce the first production-ready version of Shopkit! I’m tagging it v0.9 because there are still a few features I’d like to implement before I consider it feature complete.

As always, you can get it on Github: https://github.com/samnabi/shopkit

I’ve polished up the Shopkit Docs, and plan to add more helpful hints as time goes on.

For those who contributed, license keys are on the way!

2 Likes

Shopkit v0.9.1

Part bugfixes, part code optimization, and part new features.

There are still a couple major features I’d like to include before v1.0, but it didn’t make sense to keep you waiting. So here’s v0.9.1!

Download .zip from GitHub

Or via the command line:

$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/samnabi/shopkit.git
$ git checkout tags/v0.9.1
  • Cleaner object-oriented code (code contributions from CelineDesign)
  • Featured products (one-click purchasing from the sidebar)
  • Product thumbnails in the cart
  • More versatile product page layout with simpler “Buy” buttons
  • Product options for variations that don’t affect an item’s price (e.g. t-shirt colour)
  • Pre-filled default values during shop setup
  • Visual tweaks
  • Bug fixes
4 Likes

Shopkit v0.9.2

This is a security upgrade to Kirby 2.1.1, and a small bugfix for broken links in the product template.

Get a fresh copy:

Download .zip from Github

$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/samnabi/shopkit.git
$ cd shopkit/
$ git checkout tags/v0.9.2

Or update your existing Shopkit installation:

$ git pull
$ git checkout tags/v0.9.2
3 Likes

Version 1.0 is here. More details, docs, and minor tweaks to come, but it’s time to release.

Download: https://github.com/samnabi/shopkit/releases/tag/v1.0

New in v1.0

• Inventory control
  • New payment logic to support multiple gateways (PayPal only for now, but you can easily add your own)
  • Browse products in slideshow view
  • Onboarding prompts to help new users set up shop options and create their first product
  • Multi-language setup (English and French available right now)
  • New pages visible by default (thanks to the Kirby Auto Publish plugin)
  • Visual markdown editor
  • Admin menu for logged-in users
  • New theme
    • Leaner, modular CSS
    • Minimalist design for easy customization
    • More flexible gallery layout (images of all aspect ratios look great)
    • Thumbnail previews in cart
  • Other changes
    • Use email instead of username to log in
    • Improved order flow (orders are logged even if user doesn’t return from PayPal)
    • Shop is the homepage by default
    • Order statuses changed to “Pending”, “Paid”, or “Shipped”
    • Bugfix: Allow multiple options of a variant in the cart
    • Bugfix: Cart stuck in PayPal sandbox mode
    • Security fix: Rewritebase vulnerability
4 Likes

What is the roadmap for shopkit ?

I need attributes or custom fields

1 Like

I’m interested in your use case, what would you be using custom fields for? If I have a better sense of what you need I can see if it’s feasible for the next release.

Use it as information on the product page. even if it is dutch you will understand it

http://screencast.com/t/srIWSRGWg5S

And for filternavigation

And for filternavigation

Another idea add a product type , for example , download product , shipping product or affliate product
(See Woocommerce or easy digital products)

I could not found it in the docs. The only payment provider is paypal.

For other payment provider how do customers add there adress ?

At this moment i work with magento and woocommerce but make a switch to getkirby next year , much better performance and more flexible.(i create a seperate mobile store while with flat cms it is very fast and customers can not buy directly from me but are redirected to amazon , while that is easier for them to go through the checkout)

But the custom fields and filternavigation are required.

Tip sell the extra feautes as add on or create packages , small , medium , large depending on the features.

Hello, I’m interested on this plugin.
However, I’m quite new into Kirby, can you added more detailed documentation about how to install. I read it that you said just copy and paste the file, but which files/folders?

When I downloaded it, it’s appear like a lot of folders.

If you downloaded the zip file, all you need to do is copy all the files/folders of the unzipped shop kit folder to the root of your server or into a subfolder.

Just be aware, that the panel and kirby folders are empty. Therefore, you need to download Kirby from the website as well, and replace the kirby and panel folders.

If you download the most recent version from the GitHub releases page, the kirby and panel folders are not empty.

Just download Shopkit from this link, unzip it, and the resulting shopkit folder will be the root of your website. Shopkit is a full self-contained Kirby intall, so no need to download Kirby separately.

https://github.com/samnabi/shopkit/releases/download/v1.0/shopkit-v1.0.zip

Version 1.0.1 is here :saxophone:

• Upgrade Kirby core & panel to 2.2.3
  • Panel improvements
    • Template-specific icons in the sidebar
    • Protect core pages from deletion
    • Autopublish for all templates
    • Some structure fields display in table format
  • Add Schema.org RDFa data to product templates so rich snippets show up in Google & Bing
  • Support for installing Shopkit in a subdirectory
  • Add Shop settings button in the admin bar
  • Bugfixes & layout tweaks

Download: https://github.com/samnabi/shopkit/releases/tag/v1.0.1

Version 1.0.2 is here :honeybee:

• Improved reliability for PayPal transaction confirmation
  • User registration has one name field instead of separate first/last name fields
  • Fixed shipping bug related to updated multiselect syntax
  • Clearer instructions when logging in from /panel
  • Add some padding to the bottom of <main>

Download: https://github.com/samnabi/shopkit/releases/tag/v1.0.2

1 Like