Redirect loop because of RewriteRules

Hi,
I would like to run kirby at uberspace, but it runs into a forward loop. I have changed the htaccess from
RewriteRule ^(.*) /$1 [R,L]
to
RewriteRule ^(.*) /index.php/$1 [R,L]

That works, but i can’t get the panel work. Any ideas/hints/suggestions?

Best, Christian

Do you have this line uncommented in your .htaccess file:

RewriteBase /

Without this it won’t work. Everything else should be fine.

Where is that RewriteRule line from? The official Kirby .htaccess uses different rules.

I have also changed the category and title, because this is not specific to Uberspace

I seem to have also come across this issue when navigating to /panel.

The only amendment I’ve made to .htaccess is to uncomment RewriteBase / (as above).

Are there any other clear reasons why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
Simon

Some hosters need the RewriteBase because of their Apache configuration. Uberspace uses a great multi-domain setup that itself uses mod_rewrite. Therefore, if you use it for your site again, you need to set the RewriteBase. That’s apparently how Apache works. :wink:

Oh, I see. I actually missed the fact that this issue cited uberspace specifically.
I’m using a Google Compute Engine instance that I setup. I had to enable mod_rewrite using a2enmod rewrite and then service apache2 restart, which seemed to get the site working.

Now this pesky redirect loop :confused: Could it be a permissions thing somehow?

From where to where do you get redirected? What is your Kirby version? Does it also happen in the frontend (without the Panel)?

I’m not entirely sure. Visiting /panel just produces the error.

http://104.155.220.105/panel/login

Kirby version is the starterkit for 2.2.3.

Doesn’t appear to happen on the frontend.

There was a similar problem here. Maybe the steps described there can solve your issue.

Hmmm.

It seems as though the .htaccess is being used by the server, but perhaps one of the rules is causing the confusion.

I linked up the domain and set it as the base url in kirby site config:

c::set('url','http://tiyanbaker.com');

Still no luck, unfortunately.

If you send me an email I can have a look at it directly: bastian@getkirby.com