Panel: Add colums and default layout

Moin

I am pretty new to Kirby and have two small issues. I am quite sure I read something about it somewhere, but I just cannot find the answer in the docs. It would be great if somebody here could point me to the fitting documentation…

Issue 1:
In the panel I have several hundred blogs. Right now, the panel shows:

‘image’ ‘title’ ‘publish’ ‘…’

Which is fine and working. But I’d love to add more information there like the date of the blog or its tags.

2020-01-26_16h49_11

The other this is: How on earth do I set the default-layout (the correct .yml), when I create a blog in that dialog. The GUI suggests every .yml-file I created, but only one is ever correct.

Again, I am sure it’s all in the docs but I just could find it. Thanks for any pointers.

Here is the second screenshot where I’d love to add more information next to the title.

2020-01-26_16h49_39

Hey, welcome to the Kirby forum.

The text and info options allow you to customize what is shown in the listing.

pages:
  type: pages
  parent: site.find('somepage')
  info: "{{ page.title }} / {{page.date.toDate('Y-m-d') }}"

As regards the blueprint to be used, you can do one of two things:

Set the template for the section:

template: article

Or, if the section should show several different types, but you only want to create one type, use the create option:

sections:
  pages:
    templates:
      - a
      - b
      - c
    create: a

Here the link to the relevant docs: https://getkirby.com/docs/reference/panel/sections/pages#section-properties

Thank you very much, it works.

From the docs:

Optional info text setup. Info text is shown on the right (lists) or below (cards) the page title.

To be honest, without you pointing there I wouldn’t have understood this. Actually, I DID read that text, just didn’t see the connection to my problem. Perhaps you could add the info that you can inject info in that line with {{}}

That info is actually already there with examples further down the page: https://getkirby.com/docs/reference/panel/sections/pages#page-information

Für die Nachwelt / for other users reading this:

This is the YAML code of the solution. It works perfectly. Thanks again, @texnixe

sections:

drafts:

headline: noch nicht öffentlich

templates: blog

info: "Autor: {{page.author}}, Datum: {{page.date.toDate('d.m.Y') }}"

published:

headline: öffentlich einsehbar

templates: blog

info: "Autor: {{page.author}}, Datum: {{page.date.toDate('d.m.Y') }}"