Page Button not working in iPhone or iPad

This issue only seems to occur on Apple phones. Specifically I have a blueprint which makes use of the Pages field type to produce the following:
change_button

On my Android tablet and in Mobile view in Developer Tools and other environments it appears to work just fine. However on an iPhone, when the Change button is pressed, It just refreshes the page. It seems like there is an issue between your JavaScript code and compatibility on Apple Mobile devices.
I have purchase the Kirby license and installed it.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and if so, have you found a solution?

This is known issue, but we donā€™t have any solution yet

@yaniby Whatā€™s your IOS version? Iā€™ve tested again and I canā€™t reproduce the issue on IOS 15.x. I guess this issue about IOS version.

Hi @ahmetbora,

On iOS version 15.x there is no issue but older version such as 14.8 the issue still exist. Iā€™ve just updated my phone to 15.x and had no issue but previous versions it still is and since 15.x was just released September 20th not everyone is up to date.

Is there any way we can make it compatible with older version (i.e. 14.x)?

To be honest it is very difficult to debug. Therefore, we could not find the cause of the issue.

I happen to have a phone sitting in front of me that is still running 14.X
Iā€™ll see if I can do some digging and figure out whatā€™s the problem.

1 Like

So from what little I can see, the dialogue modal is created without issues if thereā€™s no images. But as soon as one image needs to be loaded, webkit does indeed reloads the page. Whatā€™s even more odd is that I can see the requests for the media in the network tab. So safari is trying to load the assets but something throws the entire operation out the window.

Did you catch an error in the console?

No error in the console. Iā€™m trying to go step by step using breakpoints but I donā€™t have VUE devtools on safari so itā€™s kinda hard to debug

Hi @manuelmoreale @ahmetbora,

Any updates on the issue? I appreciate all the support

You know that this is an issue with IOS 14 version. Itā€™s really hard to debug. We havenā€™t been able to identify the source of the error yet :man_shrugging:

We recommend upgrading to IOS 15 as a solution.