Kirby will not load on server. I keep getting

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /clients/toyin-falola/cms/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at xxx.com Port 80.

I’ve already attempted to RewriteBase and that’s not working.

I’ve also moved the starter kit to several places on the server and none of it is working. Including if it’s in the root folder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Two. Firstly, does apache have read access to your files? Secondly, in your httpd.conf have made sure you allow the requests to that directory?

Eg.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    # Set access permission
    <Directory />
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I’m looking into this now. I assume I should be checking on the local machine. Since I’m attempting to install this on a hosting provider, should I contact them?

Thanks so much for the reply.

Most of this can be managed yourself. If you are on shared hosting then allow / deny permissions should not be an issue. If you have something like cPanel available then you can check the file read / write / execute permissions yourself.

I’ve been talking to the hosting company; It’s something on their end: nothing to do with Kirby. They are working on fixing the permissions. Thanks for the info, It allowed me to stop thinking it was something with the .htacess file. I was pulling my beard out.

T.