Install to Hosteurope

Hello altogether, it’s a while since I have been here. Hope everybody is fine.

It is the first time I try to install on Hosteurope, and I have difficulties to make things run. The website has been installed on a Basic package. I guess it has something to do with the .htaccess, also the index.html in the root directory cannot be deleted, and the folder /site/cache seems to be not writable (but can be deleted).
See also this (for German speakers): https://www.hosteurope.de/faq/webhosting/webpack/informationen-zu-mod-rewrite/

After having waited for more than half an hour in the phone loop: Ist there anybody who might help me out?

Hosteurope sucks… no support by mail and phone. Wrong rights on folders, php session doesnt work as expected… and… and…and…

Since this company was bought by goDaddy it’s even worse.

Try to set the folder rights in the KIS file manager.

S.

That’s what I feared, and this company was not my choice, hm. And sure, I tried to set the folder rights in the KIS file manager but it was not possible., alas! Anybody who has been successful with this?

Hey Kate,

I’ve struggle with the same issues. after setting the folder & file rights via ftp to 0777 everything seams fine now.

Thomas

I solved this issue by calling the support at 6 o’clock in the morning. They changed some basic settings in the root folder that obviously had been wrong and changed the FTP user from wp-xxxxx to ftp-xxxxx, something that also only can be done on their side. But thanks for the answer anyway!