Going Live With Kirby Setup Results in Blank Page

Hey there,

I had Kirby running locally and on a subdomain for testing over the last couple of months. All worked fine. Today I finally figured it was time to do the big step and get the license and replace my main site’s content with Kirby. Unfortunately, all I ended up with was a blank page and a ‘permission denied page’ for my panel.

So my questions are: Is there a guide to do a migration like that? Are there any common pitfalls? Am I just plain stupid? Has to be something. :wink:

Anyway, thanks in advance!
– Flo

Was that subdomain on the same server? If so, try deleting and uploading the site again. Maybe you missed some files (e.g. the invisible .htaccess).

Thanks for you quick reply! Yes, it was. No, I didn’t forget those hidden files. I especially checked the .htaccess for the base path, which now had to be removed. So this doesn’t seem to be it.

1 Like

I’m still not sure what the problem was, but I’ve got it working now. I downloaded a fresh copy of the starterkit and migrated my changes (content, templates, snippets, plugins, etc.) over. Now it seems to work but I actually don’t really know what went wrong.