Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Missing default blueprint in

Hi!
When I try to access my panel, I get the following error message:

Fatal error : Uncaught Exception: Missing default blueprint in D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\page\blueprint.php:85 Stack trace: #0 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\page\blueprint.php(87): Kirby\Panel\Models\Page\Blueprint->load(‘default’) #1 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\page\blueprint.php(38): Kirby\Panel\Models\Page\Blueprint->load(‘site’) #2 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\site.php(30): Kirby\Panel\Models\Page\Blueprint->__construct(‘site’) #3 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\collections\children.php(29): Kirby\Panel\Models\Site->blueprint() #4 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\site.php(99): Kirby\Panel\Collections\Children->__construct(Object(Kirby\Panel\Models\Site)) #5 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\kirby\core\site.php(249): Kirby\Panel\Models\Site->children() #6 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\kirby\branches\multilang\site.php(175): SiteAbstract->homePage() #7 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\ in D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\page\blueprint.php on line 85

under site>blueprints I have a default.yml file, so I don’t really understand what the problem is!

Thanks in advance!

Is that a Kirby 3 installation? According to the paths in the error message, you seem to have a Kirby 2 installation?

I have the version 3.1.2-rc.1

Why is there a Panel folder, then?

In any case, if you are on Kirby 3, your default.yml blueprint must be located in /site/blueprints/pages not /site/blueprints.

It would probably make sense to update to the current release (3.2.2), I wouldn’t use release candidate versions.

A path like panel\app\src\panel\models\page\blueprint.php doesn’t exist in Kirby 3. There simply is no panel folder on the root level.

Have you updated from Kirby 2 and forgot to remove the panel folder, maybe?

I seem to have it in both locations…

It could be that the panel folder is a leftover of an older version! Should I simply remove the panel folder?

Yes. You can also remove the default.yml in site/blueprints but keep the one in the pages subfolder.

After removing the panel folder und “kirby” I get this new error message:

Warning : session_start(): The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and ‘-,’ in D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\kirby\vendor\getkirby\toolkit\lib\s.php on line 55

Warning : session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: ) in D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\kirby\vendor\getkirby\toolkit\lib\s.php on line 55

Warning : session_start(): The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and ‘-,’ in D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\kirby\vendor\getkirby\toolkit\lib\s.php on line 55

Warning : session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: ) in D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\kirby\vendor\getkirby\toolkit\lib\s.php on line 55

Fatal error : Uncaught Exception: Missing default blueprint in D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\page\blueprint.php:85 Stack trace: #0 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\page\blueprint.php(87): Kirby\Panel\Models\Page\Blueprint->load(‘default’) #1 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\page\blueprint.php(38): Kirby\Panel\Models\Page\Blueprint->load(‘site’) #2 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\site.php(30): Kirby\Panel\Models\Page\Blueprint->__construct(‘site’) #3 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\collections\children.php(29): Kirby\Panel\Models\Site->blueprint() #4 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\site.php(99): Kirby\Panel\Collections\Children->__construct(Object(Kirby\Panel\Models\Site)) #5 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\kirby\core\site.php(249): Kirby\Panel\Models\Site->children() #6 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\kirby\branches\multilang\site.php(175): SiteAbstract->homePage() #7 D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\ in D:\Apache24\htdocs\internet\panel\app\src\panel\models\page\blueprint.php on line 85

These are also old Kirby 2 paths, something seems to have gone wrong. You should have a single kirby folder in your project root (internet), and the folder structure inside that kirby folder must look like this:

As regards the session error message, that usually happens when you try to log into a Kirby 2 install if the session cookie of a Kirby 3 install still exists in the browser. Please delete all session data from your browser.

Thank you for your help! I’ll try to find out what went wrong with the update.

Maybe check out the upgrade guide again? https://getkirby.com/docs/cookbook/setup/migrate-site