Capabilities of Kirby

Hi,
I run a small business creating tidal prediction software. I have converted the various functions form VB6 to PHP and they work including drawing graphs using the javascript library CanvasJS . But now I want to make a website with a number of levels of access superadmin, hydrographer, marine_pilot, external_user, general_user. The levels determine whether files an be uploaded for different ports, and the settings which determine the types and duration of predictions etc. It will need self registration using email verification. Possibly in the future I will need a payment facility to charge for access on a subscription basis. The number of users at hydrographer level will be small <10 at first but at registered level may be ~10 per hydrographer. At general unregistered level many more - but nothing will be stored for unregstered users.

I like the look of the simplicity of Kirby.

But can Kirby can handle this kind of project.

Are there any Kirby experts who can please let me know their opinion

Thanks
Steve

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Kirby has the feautures to do this, and there are various plugins to facilitate e-commerce when you get that far.

Kirby has a roles system that will allow you to restrict areas, and it is also possible to do front end logins. Self registeration will be trickier but I know its been done before.

Here are some useful documentation links:

Hi Jimbrojames

Thanks very much- I will investigate the links you kindly sent

Steve

Note that if you need control over what role will be able to edit what field in a page, this is possible but can require a more complex setup with different blueprints per user role.