example 1
                     example 2
                     example 3
           get social
            gallery
           get-in-touch
    interviews 
    footer

my problem is i am bydefault redirected to default template .
how can i add new page in template ? i have already mention template name in blue print also

I’m sorry but I don’t really understand what the issue is. What do you mean with “redirected to default template”?

Do you mean the panel only shows the fields of the default blueprint after saving? Or is your content rendered only with the default template in the frontend?

Maybe you could post your file structure with folders and filenames and your templates.

i have created new blue print that is interview.yml

title: Interview
  pages:
    template: interview
  files: false
  fields:
   title:
    label: Title
    type:  text
   text:
    label: Text
    type:  textarea

when i add new page interview

i am not redirected to interview template.

I still don’t understand what you mean by “redirected”. What exactly happens when you create a new page with that template?

BTW: Do you really want the children of that page to use the same blueprint/template?

i have listed my blue print above and i have template having same name. how can redirect to interview,php(my tempalte.php file)

just like in demo when we click on the projects we redirect to the projects.php

my work is when i click on “interview” i need to redirect to my template interview.php but i am redirected to default.php

You mean when you click on the link in the menu on the frontend?

Pls. check the folder of your interview page: is there a file called interview.txt in it? If so, are there any other textfiles in that folder?

yes, there are many files in that but right now i have just included just header and footer in interview.php template.

i hope you understand my question.

here is in more detail .
here is my default page. that is http://localhost/starterkit
http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/1495409/0599ecc4806dc16a17b975caa28d02f3
and here is my http://localhost/starterkit/interviews
http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/1495415/89619bfaf815592c17cb3fe5076e6f79

every time i am redirected to default.php in template

You probably don’t mean you are edirected but the interview page is rendered with the default.php template?

However, those two pages in the screenshots look pretty different to me, so I don’t see how the second relates to the first.

But again: Is there a file called interview.txt in your interview folder? Is it the only text file in that folder or are there several text files?

i think you are still not getting my question.
http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/1495439/18359f866312e518ff34b27ac991e6af here is my whole page . in this page whenever i click on any link same page is opens .

i have many pages in template folder but default.php page is called every time.

now i hope you get it my problem

You are right, I don’t get it, but I was asking about the interview folder in /content and your text files, not your templates folder. And I’m afraid I can’t help you if you don’t answer my questions :pensive:

yes sir, now i got my solution.
in my content interview folder default.txt file is generated. i renamed it in interview.txt and now i am redirected to interview,php :slight_smile:

thank you so much for your valuable time and i am extremely for my silly question. thank you so much again. :slight_smile:

Glad it is solved now :slight_smile:

You probably did not select the correct template when creating the page. Or your site.php blueprint does not allow the creation of pages with other blueprints than default.

The site.yml file from the starterkit limits subpages to default, you can either remove that setting to allow all blueprints/templates or include a list of all allowed templates.

title: Site
pages: default
fields:
  title:
  author:
    label: Author
  description:
    label: Description
  keywords:
    label: Keywords
    type:  tags
  copyright:
    label: Copyright

so ,how can i do this ? in my current project structure every content folder is generating default.txt instead of proper file name.

here is my default.yml
title: Page
pages: true
files: true
fields:
title:
type: text
text:
type: textarea

home.yml

title: Home
pages:
template: home
files: true
fields:
title:
text:

title: Interviews
pages:
template: interviews
files: false
fields:
title:
text:

site.yml

title: Site
fields:
title:
author:
label: Author
description:
label: Description
keywords:
label: Keywords
type: tags
copyright:
label: Copyright

In your site.yml, either simply set

pages: true

or

…
pages:
  template:
    - project
    - article
    - contact
    - inteview
…

instead of

BTW: to improve readability, pls. enclose blocks of code within three backticks before and after the code block on a separate line. Thank you!

yup…got it…aswome. i am very happy. thank you so much again. great platform :slight_smile:

hello @texnixe ,
i am facing one issue that is explained below.

dashboard :
     projects:
        wisdom:
         news: 
              simple-tips
              chantal-rahme
             floring
              read-this
     header:
        MY PURPOSE
        BLOG
        GET SOCIAL
        CONTACT ME
        INTERVIEWS
        PROJECTS
        WHO AM I?
    home:
      wisdom
      video
       news:
                 example 1
                 example 2
                 example 3
       get social
        gallery
       get-in-touch
interviews :
footer:

in template , can i create projects folder? if yes then how can i redirect it to that folder ? so that i can display different projects pages from that folder

I’m afraid I don’t really understand your question. I guess what you are showing above is your folder structure?

Do you want to display projects from the projects folder in another page? Maybe you can rephrase your question somehow?

i have solved that with making another yml file. i think we need to make separate yml files if we need to add pages