Blank panel, no errors

Very often I found Kirby with a blank panel. View source shows up blank, debug is activated and no errors are show, no error_logs appears. This is in local and production sites that where normal and suddenly stopped working.

Usually reinstalling everything works locally, but not online. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Are you using any Panel plugins, like custom fields etc.?

What Kirby/Panel version do you use and what is your PHP version?

Does this also happen with a fresh Starterkit?

Yes, I’m using plugins. I’ve tried to remove them, but problem remains

Kirby panel 2.2.0
Kirby 2.5.10
php 5.6.36

Does not happens with fresh Plainkit. What usually works it’s to install a fresh Plainkit, then replace the assets, content and site folders and starts working like before it got the blank page.

Oh, so you are using different versions of Panel and Kirby? Panel and Kirby must always have the same version number, otherwise you will run into issues. Surprised that this works at all.

I download Plain kit and that’s how they come. Maybe I got the version wrong? got the number of the panel on the json package.

Today I noticed that if I’m logged in I can see the panel, but has soon as I log out I get the blank panel. When I inspect the page it’s all blank y I have no PHP log errors

I was using

c::set('panel.language', 'en');

Removed this line, for now it seem to do the trick. Took it form here https://getkirby.com/docs/cheatsheet/options/panel-language

Still wondering. where your version numbers come from. I can’t find a version number 2.2.0. on a fresh Plainkit, where exactly do you get that number from?

Got the number of the panel on the json package inside the Panel folder

Oh, alright, looks like it hasn’t been updated.

You can find the correct version numbers in the Panel, in site options. Or in the following files:

/kirby/kirby.php
/panel/app/src/panel.php
/kirby/vendor/getkirby/toolkit/lib/toolkit.php

Found it! it’s 2.5.10

If I add that setting, I can still access the Panel, at least on 2.5.12.

Any reason why you are not using. the latest version?

Just noticed the new version. What’s the recommended way to update?

That depends on your workflow, you can just replace the Kirby and panel. folders, either download directly from github or download a fresh kit and replace the folders.

1 Like

And you say that this problem is not a single event but that it happens at intervals both locally and on. the remote server? That is really strange. What is your local environment, what your remote? Is there any caching from the server side in place?

Do you have any security software on your machine? Or browser extensions like Ad blockers or malware protection? Sometimes these programs get things wrong and generate a false positive, meaning a legitamate site gets blocked. I’ve not seen it happen with Kirby’s panel, but I have seen them interfere with e-commerce sites, particularly when you try and pay for stuff.

Any chance you could try on another computer? The fact that it happens both on live and locally leads me to think its possibly something to do with your computer.

Are you in an office thats behind some kind of gateway, proxy or traffic filter?

If you do have such software installed, try adding your site to its whitelist. Does this happen in every browser?

After removing c::set('panel.language', 'en'); It’s been working fine. If anything else happens I’ll report back.