Blank panel after upgrading to 2.5.12

Hello,

I upgraded to version 2.5.12 in a local Docker environment and online. On the online side, the site works, but the panel is blank giving the following errors:

**Warning** : session_name(): Cannot change session name when headers already sent in  **/usr/www/users/alexpa/sotiroudis.gr/kirby/vendor/getkirby/toolkit/lib/s.php**  on line  **48**

**Warning** : ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in  **/usr/www/users/alexpa/sotiroudis.gr/kirby/vendor/getkirby/toolkit/lib/s.php**  on line  **51**

**Warning** : ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in  **/usr/www/users/alexpa/sotiroudis.gr/kirby/vendor/getkirby/toolkit/lib/s.php**  on line  **52**

**Warning** : session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters when headers already sent in  **/usr/www/users/alexpa/sotiroudis.gr/kirby/vendor/getkirby/toolkit/lib/s.php**  on line  **60**

and this shows for many lines.

What can I do to fix this?

Is there any output before that?

No, I am getting a blank page. I forgot to mention that the errors are shown when I enable them on the server settings.

That’s strange. The error message is a PHP error that generally only occurs if there was already output. Have you checked in the dev tools source view if there really was no output (not even a single character)?

Devtools show a blank file with only line 1 - which is empty.

Alright. Which PHP version and web server do you use?

The php version is 7.3, on apache server.

Kirby 2 is currently not officially tested with PHP 7.3 as Kirby 2.5.12 was released before PHP 7.3 was available. But if you use the same Docker container locally and it works, that can’t really be it.

Issues like this are very hard to debug. One idea I have is that a file was corrupted while uploading/deploying. So what you could try is to replace the kirby and panel directories on the server.

Hi @alexpi,
I’ve got the same problem. Have you solved it somehow?

Thanks!

Hi @newdada. I don’t remember exactly, but I think I upgraded to the latest versions for everything I could, and the problem was solved.

So, did you update to Kirby 3?
Thanks @alexpi .

No, just the latest version of 2. I don’t remember anything specific, it’s been almost a year and I haven’t touched that project since then!

1 Like

Uhm, 2.5.12 is the lastest version…
Ok, no problem, thanks!