Would need help – can't login to the panel since I transferred site to new hosting server

Hi, I’m not a developer but only a Kirby user. I’m currently transferring my Website from one host to another host. Therefore the new website host has given me an allias domain to test everything before the transfer ist being completed.

The Kirby Version for my website is:
Toolkit Version: 2.4.0
Kirby Version: 2.4.0
Panel Version: 2.4.0

I copied all the files from the old ftp server to the new and the site is displayed correctly. But when I try to log into my panel, the white error site appears saying:

“This page is currently offline due to an unexpected error. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and will fix it as soon as possible. Advice for developers and administrators: Enable debug mode to get further information about the error.”

The PHP Version of the Webserver is 8.2 (also tried it with 8.0 - same error)

I’m aware, that Kirby 2 is not the most up to date version of Kirby, but I don’t have the knowledge to update to Kirby 3 or a new version of Kirby 2 and I’m planning on doing a totally new website anyway in the future. But for now I would really need to fix this problem with the panel, to keep my website running and the content up to date.

I enabled the debug mode and found the following error:

Call to undefined function get _magic_quotes_gpc0
Error
… vendor/getkirby/toolkit/lib/str.php:627

the error seems to be in this file:
/home/.sites/91/site8191695/web/httpdocs/kirby/vendor/getkirby/toolkit/lib/str.php

and this is the more detailed descreption of the error:
public static function stripslashes($string) {
if(is_array($string)) return $string;
return get _magic_quotes_gpc() ? stripslashes($string) : $string;
}

I would really appreciate your help!!! THANKS A LOT

Mario

Welcome :slight_smile:

You need to change the PHP to 7.2. Magic qoutes was deprecated in PHP 7.4.

I would urge you to upgrade / do a new site as soon as possible though, for security reasons.

Thanks for this very quick solution/reply!!!