Who are you? 7 simple questions

What are your skills?
Professional Designer and Web Developer. Trained as Animator at art school. Learnt computing in 1990s on an Amiga 500 using Deluxe Paint and BASIC. The rest is history, I’ve been in the industry professionally for 18 years. These days I’m a Senior FrontEnd developer by day and a open source crafter by night.

What do you work with?
Sites for myself and friends

What did you seek?
Something to replace Textpattern of which i’m very long term user, 8 years or so but unfortunately its development has been treading water for a few years and I fear it will never progress to bigger things so for now Kirby comes close and is better in some areas.

Where did you find Kirby?
Google

What is so good about Kirby?
Speed, both to use to add content and for building templates.

What other stuff do you use?
Textpattern, .NET (day job)

How many licenses have you bought?
2 and a 1/2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess I never introduced myself. Feels it’s the right thing to do after so many trouble-making here!

What are your skills?
I’m a former product designer turned business-startup guy. I changed completely my career, from designing digital products at startups to being a business owner in a random industry: translation/language services.

What do you work with?
I’m 100% dedicated in my own company. Mostly doing business development and fixing daily fires. When I have time, I try to design a bit because I really enjoy it. Designing our website is somehow a priority now, and that’s how I found out about Kirby.

What did you seek?
Simplicity. Something not over-bloated. I was tired of WordPress.

Where did you find Kirby?
Google.

What is so good about Kirby?
Definitely the community. @texnixe has been of great help.

What other stuff do you use?
Hmm… the usual suspects: Sketch & Sublime Text.

How many licenses have you bought?

Since these were too tech-y, I add one more personal question to get to know us better and break the ice:

Where do you live?
I live in Berlin, but come from a remote little town in the middle of the mountains in the north of Argentina. Photos: http://bit.ly/2og7YrY

2 Likes