What do you think about (editor features)

Hi guys, currently I’m testing kirby in laptop (local), and I want to know what do you think about those features:

• add others markdown buttons as code, image, list etc…
  • add an emoji picker to text editor? (as here, in forum).
  • when you press a format button (as bold or italic), you can see the change immediately without the markdown marks

:roll_eyes:

Hi, what do you mean exactly with “think about those features”? If you would like to have something like this added there are several possibilities:

• Extra buttons on textarea field -> create your own field, or check plugins for something you might like.
  • Emoji picker: dito as above, but you’ll also have to create a kirbytag so you can convert it in the front-end I think.
  • Formatting in a field in the backend: you’ll have to roll-out some kind of wysiwyg editor field. Fwiw my experience with wysiwyg is that it’s often more a hassle then a gain (cross browser issues/poor formatting/…). I kind of like the simplicity kirby provides, and I hear the same from my clients. Because of this, I like this enhanced textarea plugin, have a look at it.

There are already two wysiwyg editor fields for Kirby: https://github.com/jenstornell/kirby-plugins/issues?utf8=✓&q=wysiwyg

Don’t know if they still work, but if you need something like this, they may serve as a basis for your own development. But I agree with @bvdputte, don’t really see a gain.