User Login and Activity History?

Is there already a way to track users and their activities and display them in the panel?

Or can someone provide me with a solution?

Many thanks, I have installed it and made a few changes to the content of the website. Unfortunately, there is no log entry to be found.

Hmm, it probably needs an update to account for the way the Kirby panel works now. It would be best to log an issue on the github repository if there isnt one there already.

gh issue: Nothing showing · Issue #4 · michnhokn/kirby3-logger · GitHub

I suspect that it will not be developed any further. It has been 2 years since the last commit on Nov 13, 2021.

Maybe Texnix can update their Kirby Logger plugin. Her last commit was on Apr 21, 2018.

That plugin was developed for Kirby 2, so it cannot just be updated, I would have to create a new plugin. Since other people had taken over in the meantime, there was no reason to.

Would it be possible to take up the idea again or integrate it into Kirby as a core function?

BTW: just quickly installed the plugin and works fine.

Note that this plugin stores its data in a sqlite database in site/logs/kirby3-logger/logs.sqlite. So sqlite must be available on your system and this folder must be writable.

Having said this, the plugin readme says:

:warning: This plugin is under development. Please rethink using it in a commercial project.

I have read that it is still in development. Do I have to use kirby with sqlite? Because sqlite is available on the server.

> php -v
PHP 8.1.14 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Jan 11 2023 16:58:50)
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.1.14, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
> php -m
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
cgi-fcgi
Core
ctype
curl
date
dba
dom
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
hash
iconv
imagick
imap
intl
json
libxml
mailparse
mbstring
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_sqlite
Phar
posix
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
soap
sodium
SPL
sqlite3
standard
tidy
tokenizer
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]

No, you don’t have to do anything. The log database should be created automatically. Is it created?

under which path is it created?

Should be in the above location

i found it and with chmod 775

I have now made a few content changes and these are not displayed in the logger

As soon as I try to save the changes, I get an error:

The JSON response could not be parsed.
Note: Unknown: File was created in the system’s temporary directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in Unknown on line 0

when i log out of the panel the frontend page does not work anymore

site/plugins/kirby3-logger/classes/Logger.php

Call to a member function email() on null

line 159:

'user' => kirby()->user()->email(),

I can at least fix this error in Logger.php

/**
     * @param  Event  $event
     */
    public static function log(Event $event): void
    {
        if (!in_array($event->type(), self::TYPES) || $event->action() === 'render') {
            return;
        }

$log = self::getLog($event);
        self::$connection->table('logs')->insert($log->toArray());
    }

i can install it and i see the link in the menu and the logger overview is always empty