Upgraded MAMP to v6.7 breaks local Kirby 3.8.3 install

Hello everyone & Happy New Year :slight_smile:

I’m running a local installation of Kirby 3.8.3 via MAMP/macOS. I’ve just upgraded MAMP from v6.6 to v6.7 and it suddenly breaks the install.

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 10.51.45

Switching between PHP 7.4.33 and 8.2 makes no difference, I still see the ‘Change PHP to one supported by your version of Kirby’ error message.

For reference purposes I’ve incrementally downgraded Kirby’s core from backups, and Kirby v3.7.5 is the last version to work with MAMP 6.7… but only if I downgrade the PHP version from 8.2 to 7.4.33.

I’m sure this must be an issue with MAMP but wondered if anyone else is seeing this issue, or is it just me?

Don’t know what your issue is. But Kirby requires PHP 8+ since 3.8.0. So make sure that MAMP is using at least that PHP version and you have restarted the server after changing.

This is what’s puzzling me.
Kirby 3.8.3 was running fine with MAMP 6.6 (PHP 8+). It’s only since updating MAMP to 6.7 (PHP 8.2) that I am seeing this issue.

At the moment the only option I have is to downgrade Kirby to 3.7.5 and MAMP 6.7 to PHP 7+ in order for my site to render normally/locally.

MAMP is the only system I’ve updated so I’m guessing MAMP is the issue.

PHP 8.2 is not yet supported. Will be added in 3.9

Aha! That explains it.
Sorry, I should really have checked Kirby’s requirements before posting.

Thanks for the information.