Updated MAMP Pro to v6.0.1 nothing works

Hi
I don’t think this is a Kirby issue but I have updated to MAMP Pro v6 on Friday and now my local server area is not working. They have move folders around in Mamp Pro v6. not that should make any difference. I just get a page full of errors in the browser when I load a page, as below.
Any ideas on how I fix this would be appricated. Thanks.

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException thrown with message "PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pdo_pgsql.so' (tried: /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pdo_pgsql.so (dlopen(/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pdo_pgsql.so, 9): Library not loaded: /Applications/MAMP/Library/pg/lib/libpq.5.dylib
 Referenced from: /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pdo_pgsql.so
 Reason: image not found), /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pdo_pgsql.so.so (dlopen(/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pdo_pgsql.so.so, 9): image not found))"

Stacktrace:
#2 Whoops\Exception\ErrorException in Unknown:0
#1 Whoops\Run:handleError in /Users/robertsdesign/sites/localhost/robertsdesign/kirby/vendor/filp/whoops/src/Whoops/Run.php:408
#0 Whoops\Run:handleShutdown in [internal]:0

and this

GET Dataempty
POST Dataempty
Filesempty
Cookies
_ga	GA1.1.1473465289.1592766344

Sessionempty
Server/Request Data
REDIRECT_HTTP_AUTHORIZATION	
REDIRECT_STATUS	200
HTTP_AUTHORIZATION	
HTTP_HOST	localhost:8888
HTTP_USER_AGENT	Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.16; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0
HTTP_ACCEPT	text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE	en-US,en;q=0.5
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING	gzip, deflate
HTTP_DNT	1
HTTP_CONNECTION	keep-alive
HTTP_COOKIE	_ga=GA1.1.1473465289.1592766344
HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS	1
PATH	/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
SERVER_SIGNATURE	
SERVER_SOFTWARE	Apache/2.4.46 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2u PHP/7.4.9 mod_wsgi/3.5 Python/2.7.13 mod_fastcgi/mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0910052141 mod_perl/2.0.11 Perl/v5.30.1
SERVER_NAME	localhost
SERVER_ADDR	127.0.0.1
SERVER_PORT	8888
REMOTE_ADDR	127.0.0.1
DOCUMENT_ROOT	/Users/robertsdesign/sites/localhost/robertsdesign
REQUEST_SCHEME	http
CONTEXT_PREFIX	
CONTEXT_DOCUMENT_ROOT	/Users/robertsdesign/sites/localhost/robertsdesign
SERVER_ADMIN	you@example.com
SCRIPT_FILENAME	/Users/robertsdesign/sites/localhost/robertsdesign/index.php
REMOTE_PORT	49739
REDIRECT_URL	/services
GATEWAY_INTERFACE	CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL	HTTP/1.1
REQUEST_METHOD	GET
QUERY_STRING	
REQUEST_URI	/services
SCRIPT_NAME	/index.php
PHP_SELF	/index.php
REQUEST_TIME_FLOAT	1603620783.6197
REQUEST_TIME	1603620783
argv	Array ( )
argc	0

Environment Variables
PATH	/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
PWD	/
XPC_FLAGS	0x0
XPC_SERVICE_NAME	0
SHLVL	1
_	/Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/httpd

Registered Handlers
0. Whoops\Handler\PrettyPageHandler

Find out which php.ini is loaded (using phpinfo()), then check if the library that PHP is trying to load is enabled in this ini file and comment it.

Hi,

MAMP is loading php 7.49

I don’t know how to do this part, sorry! designer, not a developer.

‘then check if the library that PHP is trying to load is enabled in this ini file and comment it.’

The php.ini file is 2000 lines long and I not sure what I am looking for exactly?

Error log gives this for today:
[25-Oct-2020 12:06:12 Europe/London] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Users/robertsdesign/sites/localhost/robertsdesign/index.php:5) in /Users/robertsdesign/sites/localhost/robertsdesign/kirby/src/Http/Response.php on line 284

Have you made changes to index.php or your config.php so that these files start with an empty line or space before the opening PHP tag?

Even if the ini file is long, you can search for the missing module ( pdo_pgsql.so) in that file, developer or not.

In the php7.3.21.ini file I searched for the ( pdo_pgsql.so ) file and found (extension=pdo_pgsql.so). When I comment it out and restart MAMP Pro it just goes back to being uncommented out again?

If your are using PHP 7.49 and edit the 7.3.21 ini file, that doesn’t really make sense. You have to edit the ini file for the PHP version that is being used. So make sure which version your are really using (using phpinfo() and edit the corresponding ini file).

Also, you have to restart the server after making changes to the ini.

I am using 7.3.21 not 7.49.

Also, you have to restart the server after making changes to the ini. I do

Did you edit the ini from inside MAMP ?

Yes.

Maybe ask in a MAMP forum, this is nothing we can sort out, I think. Or uninstall MAMP and then make a fresh reinstall again.

Same Problem here since last week. Can’t remember to have changed anything. But will check with Mamp … :man_shrugging:

Can’t really test myself, MacBook is finally going through the keyboard and screen repair programs and I’m left with my Ubuntu notebook.

I also had problems after updating MAMP to 6. I don’t think I got the same errors, but still. What I did was completely uninstalled MAMP. There is an uninstall option in MAMP Pro, or you can right click on MAMP Pro, Show Package Contents and open Contents/MacOS/Mamp Pro Uninstaller. Restarted my Mac, installed a fresh new version and it is now working again. Don’t know if this helps.

I experienced this issue yesterday, I got the same errors off and on. Today after I registered my upgrade from MAMP 5 to 6 it stopped happening. So I’m wondering if maybe it has to do with the non-registered versions.

Seems to be an issue with updating to Big Sur.
comment out these two lines in the ini file for php 7.3.21
pgsql.so
pdo_pgsql.so
The change must be made in the php.ini template for the corresponding PHP version.
File -> Open Template -> PHP (php.ini) -> VERSION

2 Likes

At least mine is registered. So I can not approve this behavious. But I will do, what @bartvandebiezen said and do a fresh install. I also remembered – as written in another thread in here – that I did change something: I updated to Big Sur. Maybe that changed something in the settings an causes Mamp to act strangely.

This fix appears to work for me (MAMP 6 and Big Sur): https://naguel.com/unable-to-load-dynamic-library-pgsql-so/