Textarea keyboard shortcuts step on default macOS bindings

When using a textarea field on macOS, it seems the Control key sequences are still used, in addition to those bound to the Command key. It’s as if both the Windows and macOS modifier keys are active at the same time. It doesn’t seem like they should be. This interferes with the default bindings in macOS.

For example, to move the insertion point in a field on macOS, one uses Control-f (C-f) for forward on character and Control-b (C-b) for back one character. Also C-a to move to beginning of line and C-e to move to end of line.

When in a textarea field in Kirby, C-b inserts the bold markup and C-e opens the Email link dialog.

I’ve worked around this by hiding the Bold and Email buttons in the field’s toolbar, but it would be better if I didn’t need to do that. Is there a reasonable way to disable those bindings?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I’m not aware of a way to disable these meta keys.

Just found this very old issue: [Panel] Textarea shortcuts not working on Windows · Issue #2113 · getkirby/kirby · GitHub, enabling both Cmd and Ctrl as meta keys. Not quite sure where this is enabled.

Thanks. My workaround is ok for now.