Temporarily deploying a kirby website

Hello,
I’m remotely working with someone on a website and I’m trying to show them a first draft online.
When working with nuxt and vue, I use netlify to fastly deploy something.
But when it comes to Kirby, what is your way to go?

Thanks.

You could use tools like ngrok to serve your local installation via a public domain. It‘s really easy to spin up with a single command and just as easy to stop with killing that command.

If you prefer to self-host the proxy, there are a number of open source alternatives you could use. In this case you need to set up a server somewhere and can similarly tunnel from your local machine to that server.

1 Like

One such Open Source alternative which also comes with a service: GitHub - beyondcode/expose: A beautiful, fully open-source, tunneling service - written in pure PHP

Note that with the free tier of ngrok/expose the URL changes whenever you kill the connection.

While these services are great when you want to share something while sitting at your computer, if you need a more async solution, you could spin up a cloud instance. Oracle offers a free tier: Cloud Infrastructure | Oracle.

If you don’t mind a technically more ambitious approch, but without usage of external services, you might want to look into my small series of blog articles, which describe such a setup: Uwe Gehring | Blog. Admittedly, without a basic understanding of networking services, you won’t find it useful.