Switch languages -> Argument 1 passed to Kirby\Cms\App::file()

Hello,

Like this post, I did some changes in my panel and unlike it was in the panel control, when I did go on the frontend to switch language I had this message :

Type Error

Preformatted text Argument 1 passed to Kirby\Cms\App::file() must be of the type string, array given, called in /kirby/config/methods.php on line 132

Well, when I’m in the english pages everything is ok, and when I go deutch, it’s like that.

Ok, found it, fields that I put translate: false in the site blueprint are not saved in all the languages when I save it in the english panel. Then I just had to remove the blueprint line and fill the fields in every languages.

I think this post is solved, but is it normal this empty fields when translate: false ?

Could you please post the blueprint that had this setting and the corresponding template and language switch? I think it makes sense to look into this to check if it is a potential bug or something in your code. Thank you.

Yes, if the field is set to translate: false, the content is only stored in the default language, that is intended (or at least I think so). Because then Kirby should fall back to rendering the content stored in the default language.