Skip +Add dialog possible?

When I click the +Add button on my page section, I get a small popup to put in the title and slug. Is there a way to skip this and go directly to the full page showing all the fields?

Sometimes I start writing and backfill the title later from what I have written, and this popup is a barrier to just start writing into the main text field.

Not out of the box. Kirby needs to create the folder with a text file, so you would need a plugin that auto-creates pages with a random slug and title. Since in most cases you don’t want a random slug (you would have to change it later as well), I wonder if the time saved at page creation is really worth it. Also this would only make sense for pages section where the subpages can only have a single template.

1 Like

Thanks. That is the case in my project. Indeed there is only one template and the slug does not matter much (It is a list of issues, so the slug should ideally be an automatically generated integer that is increased when a page is generated.)

So I guess for me any slug would be ok, and the title could be empty until specified.

Maybe I’ll send this in as a feature request :slight_smile:

This would in fact be very useful for multiple use cases.

1 Like