Serving images a downloads?

Hey folks,

I’m having a weird issue with the way in which images are served on my site. It seems that instead of loading them in the browser, they’re downloaded instead. For example, if you go to this link, what I’d expect is for the image to be loaded in the browser window, but instead what happens is the image is downloaded.

Is this something I’m doing wrong, or is it exepcted behaviour with Kirby?

Thanks.

Are only .webp files affected, or also .jpeg and .png?
Have you already deleted the media folder?
Are there any settings in the .htaccess that might be triggering the problem?

Only seems to be webp actually. I’ve made no changes to .htaccess.

I know this is a Kirby issue as a webp on a test domain (that isn’t Kirby), hosted on the same server, works fine.

Have you tried the fallback solution with providing different image formats instead of just providing the webp format?

I don’t see why I should do that. Webp are generally far smaller and more progressive, they work on all browsers and every other blogging platform I’ve used has been fine with them.

I have no issue with webp and kirby kevq.
Maybe you could try providing a tiny bit of context to help guide you in the right direction.
What is your server configuration, your htacess, how is this file uploaded/created, does it display in the front-end? What is your kirby version etc.

When i open your link to the file it does not download but show the file contents. I guess its an issue with the server config.

Thanks - I’ll take a look at the server to see what’s going on. Strange that other sites on the same server work ok though.