Problems with multi language website

Hello,

I am trying to update my website from kirby 1 to kirby 2 but I encounter a few problems with the multi-language aspect of my website.

• in Kirby 1 the url() function in templates and links in content documents respected the language preference, in Kirby 2 these links always go to the page in the default language.

• In Kirby 1 I could use URL-Key to change the url slug for every language version of a page, even the default language. In Kirby 2 it seems that I can only change the url slug for the non-default language.

• There is a bug when changing languages on the homepage : I see that there is already a Github issue for this problem (#206).

Are these changes permanent or is there a possibility that you will revert back to the Kirby 1 behaviour ?

best regards,
gunther

Why would you want to set an URL-key for the default language instead changing the URL?

Sure, I could do that, but It was just easier this way.

If I change the folder structure of my site, I have to hunt down every reference in the source code and change it.

i.e. change $site->find('about') to $site->find('agency')

Hi,

If someone else is having problems with changing languages on the homepage when “auto detect language” is on :

I just saw that there is already a fix in the develop branch of Kirby.
:thumbsup:

Take a look at commit 6a98f15204485e0386727d7a44f76696dab5218e