Preview changes on live site before publishing

I know this has been asked before and there are ideas/feature requests for live previews but I wanted to find out if there is a workflow that we could implement now, and it doesn’t even have to be a preview in real time (“live preview”).

So, I’m thinking of something along the lines of having a staging environment (on a subdomain but on the same server) where a client edits and previews content, and then they can click a “publish” button that would deploy these changes to the live site.

I guess that sounds like making Kirby a static site generator of some sort. :thinking: Is there an established workflow for updating content on a live site with preview?

This should be possible even without having the sites on the same server. Maybe create some routs, which sends and gets the field data via url params and then update the page

$page->status() | Kirby CMS can manage view states. If you need a 4th category " client approval " possibly this can be stored as a new custom checkbox field for clients to approve release. Some conditional styling to the appearance of the page might help UX.
In K4 you could move the page to publish or unpublish sub pages.