Panel Page Length Count 20?

In the panel, the page length count seems to be set to 20. If I want to see more than 20 pages I have to click Edit to see the full list of visible and non-visible pages. Is that the case? Can I change that default count? I don’t seem to see any paging that I can do to see the full list on the panel front page.

There’s an open issue on GitHub, also a pull request, maybe we can include this in the next release.

Perfect, that would be nice to push out with the next release if possible.

In such a situation I use Limit displayed subpages and set the new limit.

This topic is not about the sidebar, but the Panel Pages widget, where that limit does not apply. It is a known missing feature.

If I add this in the bluerprint site.yml, I can change the number of visible pages in the panel front page:

pages:
  limit: 50

I have no website with 20 or more webpages in the root level, so I never tested this situation before.
But now I have added up to 22 pages at root level. And I can confirm, that the number of shown pages can be changed this way. Tested with Kirby-Version 2.5.5.

But I agree that there a pagination is missing.

1 Like

Where is the file site.yml found at?

Look at /site/blueprints/site.yml.
May be it is called /site/blueprints/site.php, if your website follows the old way of blueprint names.

I didn’t realize the extensions changed from php to yaml. I can’t seem to get it to work though. Can you paste your entire yaml file?

It may look like

title: Site

pages:
  template:
  limit: 50

fields:
  title:
    label: Title
    type:  text

author:
    label: Author
    type:  text

description:
    label: Description
    type:  textarea

copyright:
    label: Copyright
    type:  textarea

The change of the name extension for ALL blueprint files was done with https://github.com/getkirby/starterkit/commit/fba71d12ab9d30347b9ca12704edeb4b3af970bc#diff-db626c8394b217cae26baf794fb7c434, committed on 19 Mar 2016, introduced with the starterkit version 2.3.0.

Changed it to yaml and it worked. Thanks!

1 Like