Panel page is not accessible with the error: "Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent"

Hi. Maybe you can give me some pointers on how to solve this issueā€¦

An old site I developed recently started to give me this error when accessing some pages on the panel

ā€œCannot use ā€œparentā€ when current class scope has no parentā€ error.

Iā€™ve tried to run the site locally, and I donā€™t have the issue.

I have Kirby version: 3.1.1
And both locally and on the server I have PHP version: 7.4

Any hint?
Many thanks!

Hm, support for PHP 7.4 was added with Kirby 3.3.2. I would assume that this causes the error, even though itā€™s a bit weird that it doesnā€™t happened locally. But same error was reported here: Local websites error - #11 by Fleix and was also due to premature update to PHP 7.4.

For Kirby PHP support matrix, see

Thanks! Ok, Iā€™ll try updating Kirby then.

Iā€™ve downloaded Kirby 3.3.2 from GitHub and replaced the old kirby folder in my local server folder. But when I do so, the website and the panel donā€™t render at all (empty body).

To check if there was any mistake in how I upgraded Kirby, Iā€™ve tried with downloading Kirby 3.1.1 also from GitHub and replacing in in my local server folder and that works.

Any hints on what I could do?
Many thanks!

You always have to clear the media folder when you update to a new version, also make sure the cache is cleared both in the cache folder and in the browser.

I cannot check this now, but major upgrades (from 3.1 to 3.2 etc.) might also have breaking changes and might also require updates of plugins and/or your code.