Panel 404 Error on Live Server, Works Fine Locally

Have you checked your error logs, if available? As a last resort, you could try to turn on debugging in your config.php.

Turned on debugging, nothing comes up. Only error log entry displayed the following: [Mon Aug 22 10:18:14 2016] [error] [client 69.160.33.68] SoftException in Application.cpp:631: Directory "/home/abodkncn/public_html/panel" is writeable by group

Damn, turns out it was permissions. I had fixed them locally but something got screwed up. After running this cron command on the server everything was fine. cd /home/{sitedirectory}/public_html ; find -type f | xargs chmod 644 ; find -type d | xargs chmod 755
Only remaining issue probably has something to do with varnish cache, because I can’t login on Chrome but Firefox is fine. Can not login with Google Chrome Still, better than no access.

1 Like

Well, so we were taking a little detour :wink: But at least that’s sorted out now. If you can’t just turn Varnish cash off, you might have to contact your provider.

I contacted them but they just suggested modifying the .htaccess file with Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate" to disable Varnish, which didn’t completely fix it. I did notice that if I use incognito mode on Chrome then I am able to login though, so I’ll just use that workaround for now.
Thanks again for all your help!!!

1 Like