My Journey with Kirby & a big thank you to the team

About 2 years ago I was struggling with my site, a personal finance blog in the UK using WordPress. I wanted to expand what the site offered but found it very difficult with WordPress. Either the plugins were not available or it had a significant impact on performance. In some cases, the plugin I did find was outdated or eventually abandoned.

I needed something that allowed me to keep what I had and be able to expand it the way I wanted. And that really was the biggest downside to WordPress for me, It just wasn’t that easy to have the complete control over the content I wanted and needed.

So I tried various alternatives, Hugo, Grav and OctoberCMS, all were either lacking or just too complex.

I am not a developer, just someone who wants to present in a particular way. So when I found Kirby it was as daunting as the others I tried. My PHP skills were not good.

I persevered with it though, once I started getting into Kirby it was a breeze to work with other than the learning curve with PHP which has been enjoyable albeit challenging. My site is exactly how I want it because Kirby provides everything I need to achieve that.

So I just wanted to say thank you to the whole team for great software and all the support you have given me, especially @texnixe for handling my questions and @bastianallgeier for all the recent videos on Youtube which have helped me improve aspects of the site which were brought more to life than just reading the manual.

Worth every penny, if you are reading this thinking about Kirby, just get it :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, @SCC. Really glad it worked out so well for you.

Enjoy the holidays!

Sonja

1 Like

What a wonderful, motivational message at the end of the year! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes