Move from invisible to visible in panel creates wrong sort order & duplicate prefix numbers?

Moving from invisible to visible stuff in panel creates wrong sort order and duplicate prefix numbers?

• Latest 2.4.1 and also tried on normal 2.4.1 dev.
  • It has worked previously before 2.4.1 update
  • Fails on both local and server.
  • On local I have all contents and sub folders set to 777 for testing.

Before - note new one “pro-manchester-sctor-lunch” higlighted should be 56.
Also note no duplicates…

After sort in panel - note duplicate numbers (11 & 12) and new one added as 54.

Anyone any ideas ?

I addition I’ve checked the blueprints, all valid and also noted that in the sort in panel some files are not in order e.g.

Does this happen with any number of subpages, or only once there are more than a certain number of them?

It seems to happen at about 16 or so, varies, I can see the pre-fix numbers duplicating. I checked blueprint, but it is set to limit 12. Very strange, in an effort to get this working I changed the blueprint page/num to date and that of course works, it is just this manual sort.

And does this happen when you rearrange pages in the pages view in Panel, or when you use the visibility toggle in the sidebar? Does this make any difference at all?

It does it with invisible toggle as well.

Hm, I just did a quick test in a project with about 1000 pages and couldn’t reproduce the issue. Do you use any plugins or hooks that might possibly interfere in some way?

Edit: What sort of a limit are you talking about that is set to 12?

I have disabled the plugins and I’m not using any hooks, very weird. I’ve tried lots of different things, I think I will let them automatically sort in date order and ignore this error.

Well, that’s also a way to solve this :slight_smile: Would have been interesting to find the cause of this though.

I agree, but I have tried quite a few things this morning and sadly I have other jobs todo. I’ll keep the files and see if I can come back to it at a later date Thanks for help!